Trinity College Cambridge and the Bishop of Ely seek to appoint a
for the Parish of St Mary & St Michael, Trumpington
At first glance St Mary and St Michael’s Trumpington looks like a typical traditional village church. Yet this misses the seismic changes taking place in our community. Cambridge’s ‘Southern Fringe’ is midway through a period of radical growth. Extensive housing and new schools have been built since 2012, bringing diversity of every kind: class; country of origin; language; education; demographic; belief.
St Mary and St Michael’s is a growing church and is rising to these challenges. We seek a Vicar to help us to serve this exciting place now and to discern where God might be leading us next.
He or she will be a person of deep, open, attractive faith who lives this out in prayer, word and action.
He or she must have the energy, vision and gifts to:
- inspire us to a deep, transformative faith expressed in lives of worship and service
- inhabit the breadth of Christian theology and worship embodied in our services
- empower our whole church community to hear God’s call to ministry and mission
- value an incarnational ministry that engages widely with the life of the whole parish
- work alongside a full-time Outreach Worker and volunteers to build on our thriving work with children, families and schools
- oversee a planned project to improve facilities in the church building
For an application form and parish profile, or an informal discussion, please contact:
The Archdeacon of Cambridge, The Diocesan Office, Barton Road, Ely CB7 4DX
Closing date for applications is 28 October 2018 | Interviews will be held on 11 December 2018
This position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service
We pray to be generous and visible people of Jesus Christ.