Applications are now closed
Our Parish is currently in vacancy following the departure of the Revd Andy Chrich this summer.
View the advertisement or download Parish Profile below.
Download our Parrish Profile here
Trinity College Cambridge and the Bishop of Ely seek to appoint a
for the Parish of St Mary & St Michael, Trumpington
At first glance St Mary and St Michael’s Trumpington looks like a typical traditional village church. Yet this misses the seismic changes taking place in our community. Cambridge’s ‘Southern Fringe’ is midway through a period of radical growth. Extensive housing and new schools have been built since 2012, bringing diversity of every kind: class; country of origin; language; education; demographic; belief.
St Mary and St Michael’s is a growing church and is rising to these challenges. We seek a Vicar to help us to serve this exciting place now and to discern where God might be leading us next.
He or she will be a person of deep, open, attractive faith who lives this out in prayer, word and action.
He or she must have the energy, vision and gifts to:
- inspire us to a deep, transformative faith expressed in lives of worship and service
- inhabit the breadth of Christian theology and worship embodied in our services
- empower our whole church community to hear God’s call to ministry and mission
- value an incarnational ministry that engages widely with the life of the whole parish
- work alongside a full-time Outreach Worker and volunteers to build on our thriving work with children, families and schools
- oversee a planned project to improve facilities in the church building
For an application form and parish profile, or an informal discussion, please contact:
The Archdeacon of Cambridge, The Diocesan Office, Barton Road, Ely CB7 4DX
Closing date for applications is 28 October 2018 | Interviews will be held on 11 December 2018
This position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service
We pray to be generous and visible people of Jesus Christ.