Have your say on proposed improvements to St Mary & St Michael Parish Church, Trumpington
The parish church of St Mary & St Michael is a visible presence in Trumpington and is here for the whole community – not just for those who worship here regularly.
For some time, the Parochial Church Council (PCC) has been aware of the desperate need to improve facilities to help the church serve our growing community into the future.
In particular, we know that we need to provide:
- Accessible toilets for all, reached directly from within the church building
- A kitchen to enable us to prepare and serve food for church and community events
After many months considering the options in consultation with our architect, the PCC feels strongly that the best option available to provide these essential facilities is to build an extension to the church, carefully designed to be in keeping with both church and location, to the north (Grantchester Road) side of the church, near the main entrance. If an extension could not be built the only alternative would be to provide these facilities within the existing medieval building, which would involve internal reordering.
At this stage, we are interested to know your opinion as a Trumpington resident.
We are therefore asking two questions:
You can respond to these questions in a number of ways:
- On this page - fill in the boxes and press the 'submit' button
- By email to ;
- By cutting out the page from "The Trumpet" and posting it to: Church Survey, The Bakehouse, 1a Grantchester Road, Trumpington, Cambridge CB2 9LH; or
- By picking up a survey just inside the west door of the church (under the tower) and posting your response through the letterbox of the Bakehouse.
We value your opinion and ask you to reply by Wednesday 28 February 2018.
Sheila Betts and Estelle Howard
St Mary & St Michael Parish Church