St Mary & St Michael Trumpington
With the significant relaxation of national Covid-19 restrictions the following policy will apply so long as the number of Covid cases remain significant. It reflects both the views those who wish for freedom and those wish to be more cautious.
- The Church West Door will be unlocked and open for visitors and private prayer normally between 09.00 and 16.00 every day.
- At services, and before and after, masks will continue be worn (except for medical exemptions).
- Seating will be unrestricted in the front of the nave and kneelers put back into use.
- Respecting that some may wish to continue to socially distance at services, at the west end of the Nave and in the North & South Aisle alternate pews will remain out of service.
- The congregation is requested to keep a reasonable distance apart.
- Track and trace will no longer be required. However the congregation will be encouraged to use the NHS app on entry or write their telephone number and surname on a dated sheet.
- The congregation is still encouraged to sanitise hands on entry.
- It is hoped that a small choir or cantor will lead the signing of hymns from the chancel (the congregation (wearing masks) may sing)
- We will continue to administer the Sacrament in one kind, retaining the nave altar for the time being and the one way system to reduce congregational interaction.
- Keep doors open during services.
- Refreshments will not be offered after services.
- Junior Church will start their gathering in church and return before the conclusion if they wish.
It is fully understood that some will be nervous about returning to the church building.
The 10.00 service will continue to be live streamed.
This policy will be reviewed as circumstances change.
M Maxwell – Vicar
E Brookes - Churchwarden